Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Sorry for not being around...

Well I started my blog, and then I forgot it... BUT now I'm back.  It is a new year and I have many new changes that I am making to my life.

Every notice how everyone starts the new year off with their resolution(s) and they throw themselves 100% into it(them)?  Then a couple months go by and suddenly they realize they haven't been living up to their own expectations.  I am ALWAYS doing that.

This year I am trying something new.  My MAIN goal this year, is the same goal I had last year - to lose weight and become healthier.  Last year I actually did quite well.  I figured out how I was supposed to eat (PCOS symptoms often subside if a proper diet is followed) and I lost 45 lbs.  Then in October/November I found out I was FINALLY pregnant and, well, I gained 15 lbs in my first 14 weeks.  I kindof took the whole "I'm pregnant and I can eat what I want" to the extreme.  And sadly, I didn't change too much of my eating habits once Maddox was born.  So here I am, 6 months post-partum, still squeezing into my maternity jeans (b/c they are actually snug) or sweat pants.  My pre-pregnancy jeans are still hanging out in my dresser and I'm not sure when we will be reunited.  But I have a plan.... and my plan involves multiple steps.

1.) I need to quit drinking soda.  I think 2 or 3 Pepsi's a day is just a smidgen too much. Ok, it is WAY too much.  But you will all be happy to know that within this first week of January I have cut down to ONE Pepsi a day.  My goal is by the end of January to not be drinking ANY soda at all. 

2.) I need to drink more water.  This is happening naturally with me not picking up a soda every time I am thirsty.  Bing (at The Healthy Way in Massena) once told me that to lose weight you need to drink a certain amount of water.  He said to take your weight, divide it in half and drink that many ounces of water.  So I'll be honest - my current weight is 214 lbs so I should be drinking 107+ ounces of water a day.  And no, that doesn't mean guzzling down a couple cups at a time.  Did you know the best way to take in water was to do like 4 oz every 30 min?  This coming week that I was I will be doing. I'm going to set a timer and every 30 minutes I am going to drink 4 oz of water.

3.) I need to get off my ass and get some exercise.  I haven't figured out my exercise plan quite yet - but I will be starting it in February.  I know at least one day will include Zumba at Gotta Dance Studio in Massena.  I will probably incorporate my Wii Fit, and may catch a class or two a week with the Fitness Evolution Boot Camp.

4.) PORTION CONTROL - there is absolutely NO reason that my husband and I can sit down and eat a whole large pizza between the two of us... no, no, NO.

5.) More fruits and Veggies - less processed food.

Over all, since I lost 45 lbs in 6 months last year I would like to loose 50+ this year.

Ofcourse, I have other goals for this year that aren't health related - I would like to read more.  On my list of books to read this year are:
1.) Sookie Stackhouse Series
2.) Re-read the Twilight Series
3.) The Hunger Games
4.) Eat, Pray, Love
5.) The Help
6.) Magic Treehouse Stories (I know, don't laugh at me!)

I would like to blog more - even if no one reads or cares.

I would like to scrapbook at least once a week.

I would like to pay down some of my unnecessary debt.

I would like to continue to be happy and confident in all the decisions that I make for me and my family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment